On August 27, 2019 the Arizona State Board of Barbers will begin accepting applications for licensure by universal recognition.
The universal recognition policy allows Arizona residents to use an out-of-state professional or occupational license to qualify for an Arizona license to work. To qualify, an applicant must:
- Prove residency in Arizona.
- Be currently licensed or certified for at least one year in another U.S. state in the discipline applied for and at the same level of practice as recognized in Arizona.
- Be in good standing in all states where currently or previously licensed or certified.
- Have met all applicable education, work, exam, and/or clinical supervision requirements in the other state where originally licensed or certified.
- Pay all applicable fees to the Arizona State Board of Barbers.